Category Archives: Overheard

Hacked By Imam

Hacked By Imam with love

Posted in 2013 Race, Overheard |

Quinn in bed with real estate

“Term limits aren’t the only thing Quinn killed. She assisted in bringing down the only hospital trauma facility in the Greenwich Village area when she helped St. Vincent’s Hospital to close and sell to developers at Rudin Management, who then contributed to her campaign…Quinn backed Jamestown Properties in their bid to build on top of the Chelsea Market in Quinn’s neighborhood, over fierce opposition from her own constituents. Jamestown then pledged money to the High Line project, who, in turn, contributed to Quinn. Some say Quinn is also stepping over dollars to save pennies regarding her opposition to the HASA For All Act, which expands housing benefits to more New Yorkers with AIDS.”

Quinn, self declared bitch

Quinn describes herself: “I know when to be a bitch and I know when not to be a bitch. I make a conscious decision about when I’m gonna, you know, open up the bitch tap and let the water run. It can be really effective when I need it to. I’ve gotten through to people who are far more important than me by being, you know, a real bitch to their staff on the telephone.”

Queens Politics on Quinn

“Once people on a city-wide level start seeing her ranting and raving and punishing her own constituents, she will turn people off and is going to have a tough road ahead against more kinder, less vicious individuals such as Bill Thompson and Bill Deblasio.”

Quinn faces critics amongst New Yorkers

“The speaker is not without critics among queer New Yorkers; in fact, she often faces LGBT picketers at public appearances.”

Quinn to lose Hispanic vote

“[Christine] Quinn is going to lose the Hispanic vote because we’re going to make sure of that,” Frank Garcia, chairman of the New York State Coalition of Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, tells the Voice. “We don’t feel that [she] takes the Hispanic vote very seriously right now.”

Street Vendors Protest Steep Fines: “We Just Work To Pay Tickets Now”

“Street vendors have already received support from 36 of the 51 council members—all they need is a vote to lower the fines. For reasons unknown, Quinn has delayed the vote on this legislation, which vendors have been working nearly six years to rectify.”

Posted in 2013 Race, Obstructs Human Rights, Overheard, Workers |

Allon calls out Quinn’s support for carriage horse industry

“The current speaker of the City Council, Christine Quinn, has blocked the efforts to take these horses off the streets and out of harm’s way since a bill was introduced to ban the trade in 2007.”

Posted in 2013 Race, Blocks Animal Protections, Carriage horses, Overheard |

Baldwin says Quinn has Blood on her Hands

“Baldwin…says that the Speaker is ‘a very nice person; but he thinks she is ‘untrustworthy.’ He also ‘resents’ that she is ‘Bloomberg’s hand-picked successor’ and notes that she has ‘blood on her hands’ after helping Bloomberg (and herself) get a third term.”

Voters will remember the overturning of term limits

“Voters have long memories and will remember those elected officials that knowingly disregarded the will of New Yorkers in 2008 [on term limits].”